An Advanced Practicum
This advanced Shiatsu class places more emphasis on meeting the specific needs of the client. Shinzo encourages students to develop their own healing style within the mastery of Shiatsu and by blending with their own massage proficiencies such as Watsu.
Students must be professional massage practitioners who have taken the prerequisite Shiatsu 1 and Shiatsu 2 series of courses and who wish to further improve their mastery of this technique with expanded knowledge in the following:
—Understanding 60 acupressure points
—How to stretch, tonify or disperse each meridians and points based on Yin and Yang and the Five–Elements theory
Students receive up to an hour and half of detailed Oriental theory in The Five-Elements as well as Diagnostic Techniques.
Emphasis is placed on how the practitioner can incorporate their healing energy with the client’s body, mind, and spirit so both that both the client and the practitioner’s energies open to a higher level of dance together.
At the end of the week of instruction, students will achieve:
1. Deeper understanding the Five-Elements theory and learn how to see the balance of each element in each client.
2. Understand the basic constitution of each client and how to use it for the diagnose.
3. Understand the each client’s specific needs and do Shiatsu.
4. Deeper understanding the back bladder points and front alarm points so practitioner can understand each clients condition better and work more effectively.
5. Deeper understanding of 60 acupressure points and how to use them very effectively.
6. Learn side position of Shiatsu.
7. Learn how to create your own techniques for each clients needs.
8. Understand the basic diagnosis techniques include face and tongue.
9. Deeper understanding of Self-Care Shiatsu Yoga.
—Class handouts distributed daily by the Shinzo Fujimaki
—Tape will be available to students
In addition, students are required to obtain the following books and bring them to the training weekend as companion material to the practical instruction. (If you have satisfied the prerequisite, you should already possess these materials).
Zen Shiatsu by Shizuto Masunaga
The Five Elements of Self-Healing by by Jason Elias and Katherine Ketcham
The Foundations of Chinese Medicine by Giovanni Maciocia
Acupressure course booklet by Michael Reed Gach
Click here to for our full calendar.
Daily Course Schedule
Depending on the location of the training, the course will span 5 or 5 days.
Total of 50 hours of practical instruction
1-2 hours of daily home work
NAPLES, FLORIDA INSTRUCTION
Students registering for instruction in Naples must provide their own tables but enjoy the added benefit of overview training in E.A.S.Y. and use of the on-site warm water pool.
50 CEU NCBTMB
50 CEU WABA
$750-$850 depending on location
Early registration discounts are available for training at the Naples, Florida location. Inquire below.
Shinzo offers small class instruction to provide the most intimate and intensive hands-on training. Class size varies depending on location. For a limited time, he will take only 2-6 students at his Naples, Florida location.
Info & Registration: