An Introduction to the Ancient Healing Art of Shiatsu
Students are introduced to the Japanese art of healing touch: Shiatsu. This ancient method is taught to develop the student’s energetic and physical orientation toward working with the body.
This course presents the main oriental theory of Yin and Yang and the oriental philosophy through Aikido and Macrobiotic along with the techniques of Shiatsu necessary for the effective practice of massage.
Shiatsu is developed and practiced based on twelve meridians, and students will learn and practice how to:
—Release, stretch and tonify 12 meridians
—Intention and physical postures of the practitioner
Students are technically taught both Seating and Prone Position with 30 basic acupressure points and how to effectively treat specific problems. A minimum of 30 hour is devoted to demonstration and practice of techniques. Students have ample time each session to give and receive shiatsu under the supervision of the master instructor.
At the end of the week of instruction, students will achieve:
1. Understand the twelve meridians in relation to surrounding anatomy and basic understanding of how to stretch and release the energy in each meridian.
2. Understand the main theory of Yin and Yang and learn how to balance through Shiatsu.
3. Understand the basic 30-acupressure points and learn how to press in each point to tonify the whole body.
4. Understand the basic oriental diagnostic techniques applying the theory of Yin and Yang.
5. Understand the importance of breathing, qui flow, intention and physical posture.
6. Perform Shiatsu for the Seating and Prone positions on a table and/or the floor.
7. Understand the fundamentals of Self-Care Shiatsu Yoga.
Students are required to obtain the following books and bring them to the training weekend as companion material to the practical instruction.
Zen Shiatsu by Shizuto Masunaga
The Five Elements of Self-Healing by by Jason Elias and Katherine Ketcham
The Foundations of Chinese Medicine by Giovanni Maciocia
Acupressure course booklet by Michael Reed Gach
Click here to for our full calendar.
Daily Course Schedule
Depending on the location of the training, the course will span 5 or 5 days.
Total of 50 hours of practical instruction
1-2 hours of daily home work
NAPLES, FLORIDA INSTRUCTION
Students registering for instruction in Naples must provide their own tables but enjoy the added benefit of overview training in E.A.S.Y. and use of the on-site warm water pool.
50 CEU NCBTMB
50 CEU WABA
$750-$850 depending on location
Early registration discounts are available for training at the Naples, Florida location. Inquire below.
Shinzo offers small class instruction to provide the most intimate and intensive hands-on training. Class size varies depending on location. For a limited time, he will take only 2-6 students at his Naples, Florida location.
Info & Registration: