“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” Lao Tzu
- No nudity in this class
- CEU’s can be earned by massage therapists
- Weekend retreat
Shinzo sincerely believes that revitalizing relationships with a life partner is rooted in how comfortable we are with the simple art of touch. At its core, Shiatsu is about touch, so Shinzo has created a series of careful, respectful classes that help people learn to trust, honor and connect through the most elemental forms of tantra. These fully clothed classes are now available as small group weekend retreats and as private sessions.
Words from Shinzo:
“Love and Appreciation” are the most powerful combinations of energy. They can heal our sickness, help us manage our challenges, and also open us up to our future. I believe that conscious touch with love and appreciation is the key for this journey to heal each other. This unique couples therapy will help improve your interpersonal communication, mutual understanding and create new pathways for intimacy.
During this weekend course for couples, I will share with you how Shiatsu Yoga can help you expand your understanding of your loved one and activate healing energy. Shiatsu Yoga is my life’s passion. I developed it based on traditional oriental medicine and the concepts found in the Japanese martial art of Aikido. For this course, we will also add elements of tantra yoga in a comfortable manner.
When your loved one is in pain, either physically or emotionally, providing a loving and caring touch is the best medicine. Our hands and heart naturally extend to our loved ones, and we can feel the pain together, sharing love through touching each other. Shiatsu Yoga is just one step forward to understand each other and deepen our intimacy. During the class, I will support each of you and assist you with learning how to deepen your healing capability for your partner through Shiatsu Yoga.
Always practice the Art of Shiatsu Yoga for your loved one in a vibrant and joyful manner because there is no mistake with love and no enemy between you.
Shinzo has been teaching and practicing the ancient art of Shiatsu and Shiatsu Yoga™ on both land and water for over 30 years. His unique approach blends Shiatsu with his mastery of Aikido, Yoga, Qigong and even Oriental Calligraphy to create a experience that allows the body, mind and spirit to fully awaken.
Shinzo Fujimaki is an internationally renowned healer and teacher who is the founder of the innovative fusion, Shiatsu Yoga, from which he developed the warm-water practices called Energetic Aquatic Shiatsu Yoga (E.A.S.Y. also known as Clinical Ai Chi) as well as Fire and Water. These unique approaches to the therapeutic exercise maximize health through the use of acupressure and conscious, gentle yoga stretches along the body’s meridians. Also since 1985 he has practiced Shiatsu both land and water and taught at numerous massage schools, acupuncture colleges and spas for over 25 years include Japan, Switzerland and Canada.
Certified Shiatsu Instructor for both land and water (Watsu)
Certified Tantra Yoga Educator (Source Tantra)
Black Belt in Aikido
1. VISUALLY: Shinzo encourages students to demonstrate the practice of Shiatsu to build confidence in their skills. He also uses Chinese meridian and point location charts to further deepen the understanding of energy flow.
2. KINESTHETICALLY: students gain the understanding of what it means to “go deep”, not only on a physical level but on an emotional level and spiritual level as well so they can understand the practice of Shiatsu is more than physical healing.
3. AUDITORIALLY: students have the opportunity to express themselves and relate what they experience and learn as they go deeper; they have the opportunity to share directly with Master Shinzo and with others.
4. INTELLECTUALLY: Shinzo gives each student the opportunity to be a teacher and so that others can learn from every student. This means that Shinzo is a conductor of the orchestra and to heighten the best part of each student’s ability and to create the harmonious music that is “Shiatsu”.
5. MATERIALLY: Supporting materials wlll be provided Students are encouraged to read the material several times during the course and use it as a reference for future practice after completing the course.
6. DIAGRAMATICALLY: A detailed meridian and point location chart is employed during each lecture and is available for the student’s reference at all time.
Shinzo’s operating premise is that a student will achieve a far higher degree of comprehension in a non-competitive, non-threatening environment.
Since each student’s prior experience and background varies, each is encouraged to set realistic goals for themselves during the training courses. This method allows every student to feel successful and also to feel inspired to continue lifelong studies and practice in Shiatsu.
Evaluation & Feedback:
Each student is evaluated on his/her ability to practice the material correctly and but no one is expected to either memorize of achieve technical perfection during the limited time of the course. Also because of Shinzo’s background in the Japanese martial art, Aikido, we all respect the classroom as a dojo (place to study the way) and respect each other.
Shinzo firmly believes that evaluation and feedback are a constant dialogue between the teacher and assistants and students during the length of the course. Feedback is given by instructors as needed to assure students are utilizing correct manual and postural techniques, include breathing.
In the unlikely event that a student demonstrates a significant inability to perform at the expected level, he/she will be given the option to drop the class or accept certification contingent upon repeating the course a second time.
Info & Registration: