Instructor Certification Training for Energetic Aquatic Shiatsu Yoga
- Earn CEU’s
- Earn Certification to Teach E.A.S.Y.™
- Intro to E.A.S.Y. (Clinical Ai Chi)
- Intro to Shiatsu Yoga
- The 5 Elements Theory
This 5-day E.A.S.Y.™ course is designed for the individual who wants to gain knowledge and understanding of Oriental Medicine as well as the feel energy through one’s own body and mind. Once there is this understanding, you can teach E.A.S.Y. and basic Oriental Medicine principles from your heart.
The oriental way of healing is about “understanding the energy.” This course allows you to feel this type of information, integrating the mind-body connection. At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to trace (visualize) each meridian, palpate specific Shiatsu acupressure points, and practice E.A.S.Y. as they deepen their understanding of Five Elements theory. This is done through effectively visualizing your own nature and feeling the power of your own healing energy.
In order to be an effective practitioner of either Watsu™, Shiatsu or Shiatsu Yoga™, it is critical to understand the dynamic energy of nature and how to harmonize with your own essence. Providing an environment of healing for others is an extension of your own healing energy, resulting in your own self healing.
Each day of this training focuses on a different element, teaching you the details of how to find energetic balance, not only through perceived challenges, but also in opening up future possibilities in positive way. Students also learn how to take care of themselves implementing a daily ritual of awareness called “Daily E.A.S.Y.™” The importance of healing through self-care is a way of life in Oriental Medicine, and this course is designed to bring students closer to this realization and concept.
After this 5-day E.A.S.Y. course, students will officially be able to practice and teach E.A.S.Y. to others. The Yes Shinzo, LLC registry will list each student’s name as Certified E.A.S.Y. Instructor.
Shinzo Fujimaki is an internationally renowned healer and teacher who is the founder of the innovative fusion, Shiatsu Yoga, from which he developed the warm-water practices called Energetic Aquatic Shiatsu Yoga (E.A.S.Y. also known as Clinical Ai Chi) as well as Fire and Water. These unique approaches to the therapeutic exercise maximize health through the use of acupressure and conscious, gentle yoga stretches along the body’s meridians. Also since 1985 he has practiced Shiatsu both land and water and taught at numerous massage schools, acupuncture colleges and spas for over 25 years include Japan, Switzerland and Canada.
Certified Shiatsu Instructor for both land and water (Watsu)
Black Belt in Aikido
1. VISUALLY: Shinzo encourages students to demonstrate the practice of Shiatsu to build confidence in their skills. He also uses Chinese meridian and point location charts to further deepen the understanding of energy flow.
2. KINESTHETICALLY: students gain the understanding of what it means to “go deep”, not only on a physical level but on an emotional level and spiritual level as well so they can understand the practice of Shiatsu is more than physical healing.
3. AUDITORIALLY: students have the opportunity to express themselves and relate what they experience and learn as they go deeper; they have the opportunity to share directly with Master Shinzo and with others.
4. INTELLECTUALLY: Shinzo gives each student the opportunity to be a teacher and so that others can learn from every student. This means that Shinzo is a conductor of the orchestra and to heighten the best part of each student’s ability and to create the harmonious music that is “Shiatsu”.
5. MATERIALLY: Supporting materials wlll be provided Students are encouraged to read the material several times during the course and use it as a reference for future practice after completing the course.
6. DIAGRAMATICALLY: A detailed meridian and point location chart is employed during each lecture and is available for the student’s reference at all time.
Shinzo’s operating premise is that a student will achieve a far higher degree of comprehension in a non-competitive, non-threatening environment.
Since each student’s prior experience and background varies, each is encouraged to set realistic goals for themselves during the training courses. This method allows every student to feel successful and also to feel inspired to continue lifelong studies and practice in Shiatsu.
Evaluation & Feedback:
Each student is evaluated on his/her ability to practice the material correctly and but no one is expected to either memorize of achieve technical perfection during the limited time of the course. Also because of Shinzo’s background in the Japanese martial art, Aikido, we all respect the classroom as a dojo (place to study the way) and respect each other.
Shinzo firmly believes that evaluation and feedback are a constant dialogue between the teacher and assistants and students during the length of the course. Feedback is given by instructors as needed to assure students are utilizing correct manual and postural techniques, include breathing.
In the unlikely event that a student demonstrates a significant inability to perform at the expected level, he/she will be given the option to drop the class or accept certification contingent upon repeating the course a second time.
Info & Registration: